- An outstanding original Elektra LP with solid Double Plus (A++) sound or BETTER from start to finish
- Can you believe that the producer and engineer of Carly’s debut is none other than Eddie Kramer!?
- That’s The Way I’ve Always Heard It Should Be is the killer track here and it sounds wonderful on this copy
- This pressing really brought this Big Production to life and allowed so many elements to work in harmony.
- It’s a good example of what a truly Hot Stamper is supposed to do – let the music work as music
The richness and the sweetness of the midrange on the best copies are exactly what you’d be looking for on this heavily-produced pop album, and this copy gives you that sound like no other copy you’ve ever heard.
Credit must go to Eddie Kramer, legendary producer and engineer for the likes of Hendrix and Zeppelin. He knows how to get good sound all right, although Female Singer Songwriter albums in his catalog are fairly light on the ground. (Richard Perry became the go-to guy for those productions as the ’70s wore on.) This may in fact be the only one Eddie ever did. But he knows Big Production Rock, and that’s what most of this album is about. (more…)