- A STUNNING pressing of Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie with Shootout Winning Triple Plus (A+++) sound or close to it from start to finish
- We have a devil of a time finding copies that sound this good, play this quietly, and have no audible marks or wear
- The vocal naturalness and immediacy of this early stereo pressing will put Ella in the room with you – it lets her performance come to life
- Only the best pressings bring her performance to life the way this one does
- Our single Favorite Female Vocal album here at Better Records, one that gets better with each passing year
- “Another typically wonderful LP of Ella Fitzgerald in her prime…this is an excellent (and somewhat underrated) set.” [It is definitely not underrated by us, we think it’s the best record the lady ever made]
- If you’re a fan of Ella’s, or vintage Pop and Jazz Vocals in general, this Top Title from 1961 belongs in your collection.
- The complete list of titles from 1961 that we’ve reviewed to date can be found here.
Folks, if you’re in the market for one of the most magical female vocal recordings ever made, today is your lucky day.
We’re absolutely crazy about this album, and here’s a copy that more than justifies our enthusiasm. You will have a very hard time finding better sound than we are offering here.
Longtime customers know that I have been raving about this album for more than two decades, ever since I first heard it back around 1995. I consider it the finest female vocal album in the history of the world. I could go on for pages about this record. Suffice it to say this record belongs in every right-thinking Music Lover’s collection.
Fans of The First Lady of Song are encouraged to give this one a very hard look. It’s not cheap but this kind of quality never is. (more…)