- Power Windows makes its Hot Stamper debut here with outstanding Double Plus (A++) sound or BETTER throughout – exceptionally quiet vinyl too
- This copy rocks like crazy with serious weight down low, huge size and space, and plenty of driving energy
- “Rush remains faithful to vintage progressive aesthetics but has accepted the challenge of the postpunk upheaval and made notable adjustments… Power Windows may well be the missing link between Yes and the Sex Pistols.”
- Outstanding Double Plus (A++) sound from first note to last – exceptionally quiet vinyl too
- This pressing boasts surprisingly clean, undistorted sound for a live album, yet it’s every bit as big and lively as a Hard Rockin’ Concert Album (especially from these guys) should be
- “… the nearly note-perfect performances, combined with exemplary song-selection essentially make Exit…Stage Left a ‘greatest hits’ package from Rush’s best, most-remembered peak, 1977-1981, when they recorded four studio albums culminating in Moving Pictures. The Moving Pictures tour was the right time to capture Rush. Their sound was still hard rock but with a hearty side-dish of prog – a satisfying combination of styles that no other band ever did as well as Rush.”
- The first copy of Rush’s sophomore release to hit the site in years, this STUNNING pressing boasts Shootout Winning Triple Plus (A+++) sound from start to finish
- Bass and body are key to the best pressings, along with Rock and Roll energy, and here you will find plenty of all three
- This is the vinyl embodiment of the Classic Analog Rock sound we love – rich, warm, punchy, dynamic and clear
- “… it showed that the young band was leaving their Zep-isms behind in favor of a more challenging and original direction.”
We just finished our first ever shootout for the classic 2112, and here’s a wonderful copy with two impressive sides! We’ve collected a bunch of these over the years — it took ages to find pressings that delivered the kind of sound our customers expect from a Better Records Hot Stamper. Most Rush records sound godawful, but this one actually has the potential to be amazing — as long as you’ve got the right copy! (more…)
Just the third Triple Plus (A+++) copy to ever hit our site — these are TOUGH to find with this kind of sound.
The drums and cymbals sound right (although quite different on these two sides, compare and contrast for yourselves), which is essential on a Rush album. As everyone knows, Neil Peart’s drumming is a major highlight of anything the band does.
If you’re a fan of the band, you know what these guys are about — big-time technical prowess, dizzying effects, powerful solos and so forth. You’ve got to have a very good pressing with serious clarity and lots of energy if you want that magic to come through in the grooves. Many copies we played didn’t let you hear just how hard these guys are shredding… and then what’s the point? If the musicianship gets lost in the mastering, why bother with this band at all? We were looking for copies that didn’t let us forget who we were listening to. Put simply, we wanted copies that melted our faces off, just like this music would do live.
The drums and cymbals sound right (although quite different on these two sides, compare and contrast for yourselves), which is essential on a Rush album. As everyone knows, Neil Peart’s drumming is a major highlight of anything the band does. (more…)