- Between the Lines returns to the site with outstanding Double Plus (A++) sound from start to finish
- We guarantee there is dramatically more space, richness, vocal presence, and performance energy on this copy than others you’ve heard, and that’s especially true if you made the mistake of buying whatever Heavy Vinyl pressing is currently on the market
- Ian’s biggest international hit, “At Seventeen,” sounds right on the money on this superb side one
- 4 1/2 stars: “This is Janis Ian’s second album from her re-emergence in the early to mid-’70s as one of the genre’s most inspired and original singer/songwriters… a recommended starting point for potential enthusiasts, as well as a touchstone to be repeatedly revisited.”
- The complete list of titles from 1975 that we’ve reviewed to date can be found here
Take this one home and check out how warm and natural the acoustic guitars sound throughout, free from the grain and edge that plague the typical copy. Play At Seventeen and listen to how clear and present Ian’s vocals sound, with the kind of breath and body that you’d hear in a live performance.