- An Electric Ladyland like you’ve never heard, with solid Double Plus (A++) sound on all FOUR sides of this UK import copy – fairly quiet vinyl too
- Forget the Track originals – they can’t hold a candle to the Hot Stamper reissues like the one we are offering here
- Big, clear, tubey, sweet ANALOG sound – we played it good and loud and it was rockin’!
- Probably the best-recorded of Hendrix’s studio albums – huge studio space and the Tubey Magical richness of analog are key to the best sound
- 5 stars: “…not only one of the best rock albums of the era, but also Hendrix’s original musical vision at its absolute apex.”
- If you’re a fan of Jimi and his band, this UK import of his 1968 classic belongs in your collection.
- The complete list of titles from 1968 that we’ve reviewed to date can be found here.
Some of Jimi’s best songs can be found here, including “Crosstown Traffic,” “Voodoo Child (Slight Return)” and his incendiary cover of Dylan’s “All Along The Watchtower.” All four sides have truly killer sound, big and full-bodied with a MUCH better low end than you’ll find on most. You get enough energy and weight to make the rock songs really ROCK, and enough clarity and transparency to bring out the more spacey, psychedelic elements that Jimi and Eddie Kramer worked so hard on.
Ready to go on a trip? You’ve come to the right place. While the sound is not Demo Quality on every track, the acid-drenched soundscapes created by Jimi and producer Eddie Kramer are certainly going to be exciting to the kind of audiophile who still digs Classic Rock. Unfortunately, most copies are missing a lot of the magic — the space, the tubes, the ambience, the size, the weight.