More of the music of Emmanual Chabrier (1841-1894)
Reviews and Commentaries for the Music of Chabrier
- This vintage London pressing of the Suisse Romande‘s performance of Chabrier’s most famous compositions boasts a STUNNING Shootout Winning Triple Plus (A+++) side one mated to a superb Double Plus (A++) side two
- It’s also fairly quiet at Mint Minus Minus, a grade that even our most well-cared-for vintage classical titles have trouble playing at
- Contains our favorite Espana Rhapsody on side one, and hearing it in Triple Plus sound is guaranteed to blow your mind
- This spectacular Demo Disc recording is big, clear, rich, dynamic, transparent and energetic – HERE is the sound we love
- All the energy and power of Chabrier’s remarkable orchestration, thanks to the brilliant engineering of Roy Wallace
- Ansermet’s Chabrier disc has long been a favorite of ours here at Better Records – this copy will show you why
If you want a classical record to TEST your system, if you want a classical record to DEMO your system, you will have a hard time finding a better pressing than this very copy.
Who can resist these sublime orchestral works? To quote an infamous (around here) label, they are an audiophile’s dream come true. The Tracklist tab has extensive background information on most of these works.
So clear and clean, and spread out on such a huge stage, either one or both of these sides will serve you well as your go-to reference disc for Orchestral Reproduction.
Listen for the waves of sound in Espana — only the best copies bring out the energy and power of Chabrier’s remarkable orchestration.