- From the first few moments of the title track you’ll be blown away by the in-the-room immediacy of The Man himself
- This copy is hi-res without sacrificing the Analog warmth that makes the recording so exceptional, especially for one from 1978
- 5 stars: “Stardust showcases Nelson’s skills as a musician and his entire aesthetic — where there is nothing separating classic American musical forms, it can all be played together — perhaps better than any other album…”
- If you’re a fan of The Great American Songbook, this is a killer recording from 1978 that belongs in your collection.
- The complete list of titles from 1978 that we’ve reviewed to date can be found here.
Georgia On My Mind is a DEMO QUALITY track on this album. You aren’t going to believe all the ambience on this copy. The top end is gorgeous — sweet, delicate, and silky with loads of extension. The sound is extremely hi-res without sacrificing any of the warmth that makes this music so special.
Just listen to the rimshots and the bell in Georgia On My Mind — we guarantee you have NEVER heard those instruments sound so present, clear, and immediate.
Willie’s voice is natural and tonally correct, with all the breathy texture you could ever hope to hear. The acoustic guitars and Booker T.’s organ are perfection. (more…)