- INSANELY GOOD Living Stereo sound can be heard from beginning to end on this Shaded Dog pressing
- Tons of energy, loads of detail and texture, superb transparency and excellent clarity – this phenomenally good recording when mastered and pressed right is the very definition of DEMO DISC sound
- It’s hard to find a better record with more Tubey Magical hear-all-the-way-to-the-back-of-the-hall sound than this – when we talk about space and transparency, we’re talking about recordings that sound like this one
- A favorite title with audiophiles – it’s full of lovely orchestral colors and, as usual, Fiedler and the Boston Pops know how to bring them all out
- Side one has its polarity inverted, something we’ve known about for twenty years – the sound is dark and smeary without the polarity corrected, so those of you who cannot change their polarity should pass on this title
- More of the music of Gioacchino Rossini (1792-1863)
- More of the music of Ottorino Respighi (1879-1936)
Fiedler is hard to beat on music like this.