- The sweetness and transparency to the guitars and vocals on this wonderful pressing won us over
- “Who Knows Where the Time Goes” – one of our favorite Judy Collins songs – is achingly powerful here
- 4 stars: “Enthusiasts of Judy Collins rank this among their favorite recordings and it is likewise a perfect touchstone for the burgeoning listener as well.”
- If you’re a fan of Judy’s, this early pressing from 1968 surely belongs in your collection
- The complete list of titles from 1968 that we’ve reviewed to date can be found here.
Finding the Best Sound
Most copies were a bit thinner than ideal, and even the best pressings we heard had a bit of that quality. Frequency extension high and low was also hard to come by.
If the sound is rich and full-bodied, yet clear and transparent, you probably have yourself one of the few that were mastered and pressed properly — and one of the few that survived the turntables of their day to be playable forty-plus years later on the revealing equipment you undoubtedly own.
If you don’t own such a copy, and with all due respect chances are you don’t, we have a lovely copy right here for you, only a click away.