- Both sides of this vintage UK copy were giving us the big and bold sound we were looking for, earning outstanding Double Plus (A++) grades – fairly quiet vinyl too
- You aren’t going to believe how hard this copy rocks, with all the WHOMP and ENERGY you never knew was there
- Classics like “Strange Brew,” “Sunshine Of Your Love” and “Tales of Brave Ulysses” make this Cream album a Must Own
- 4 1/2 stars: “…the imagination of the arrangements, the strength of the compositions, and especially the force of the musicianship make this album transcend its time.”
- It’s hard to conceive of any list of the Best Rock and Pop Albums of 1967 that would not have this record on it
This superb copy has the kind of smooth, analog sound you need for this music — warm, rich, smooth, and pretty much free of the nasty grain that gets in the way on most pressings. There’s good extension up top, and the bottom end is meaty and well-defined.
The lesson we’ve learned over the years is that when the extremes are properly transferred to the vinyl, the middle will take care of itself. Since the extremes seem to be the hardest thing to get right, at least on this record, that might explain why so many copies don’t really sound the way they should.