- Shootout Winning Triple Plus (A+++) grades on both sides make this the consistently best sounding batch of Orchestral Showpieces we have ever played
- After a two year hiatus, our favorite performance of Night on Bald Mountain is back, and it’s guaranteed to blow your mind (and maybe a woofer or two)
- Side one also boasts an excellent Danse Macabre, with a powerful finish that may remind you of the thrill of live orchestral music
- Side two contains a wonderfully exciting Sorcerer’s Apprentice
- Both sides are clear and transparent, with huge hall space extending wall to wall and floor to ceiling
- Watch your levels – this pressing is dramatically more DYNAMIC than most Golden Age recordings
If you like Orchestral Spectaculars, have we got the record for you!
This pressing clearly has DEMONSTRATION QUALITY SOUND — not in every way, but in some important ways. The ENERGY of both the sound and the performances of these barnburning showpieces is truly awesome. Fiedler brings this music to LIFE like no other conductor we have heard.
This pressing boasts relatively rich, sweet strings, especially for a Deutsche Grammophon LP. Both sides really get quiet in places, a sure sign that all the dynamics of the master tape were protected in the mastering of this copy (and the reason it is so hard to find a copy that plays better than Mint Minus Minus. We do have a quieter copy with lower grades if you are interested though.) (more…)