- This UK Charisma pressing has outstanding Double Plus (A++) sound on both sides
- We shot out a number of other imports and this Mad Hatter label copy had the presence, bass, and dynamics that were missing from most others we played
- 4 stars: “‘On the Air’ and ‘D.I.Y.’ are stunning slices of modern rock circa 1978, bubbling with synths, insistent rhythms, and polished processed guitars, all enclosed in a streamlined production that nevertheless sounds as large as a stadium.”
- If I were to compile a list of my Favorite Rock and Pop Albums from 1978, this album would probably be the most played title on that list
Peter Gabriel’s self-titled second album checks off a number of important boxes for us here at Better Records:
- It’s an album I have played many hundreds of times, a Desert Island Disc if ever there was one
- It’s an Album We Think Should Be More Popular with Audiophiles
- It’s Part of the Core Collection of Well Recorded Rock & Pop Albums
Looking to do a shootout to find your own Hot Stamper?
- Stick exclusively with the early British pressings. Nothing can touch them for sound quality.