- You won’t believe how big, rich and lively this album can sound on a copy this good
- It’s incredibly tough to find good Grand Funk sound, and it’s even harder to find audiophile quality vinyl, but we’re doing the best we can, folks
- 4 1/2 stars: “Sonically, the record was sharp and detailed and the band’s playing was far tighter and more accomplished… The album’s title song, an autobiographical account of life on the road written and sung by Brewer, was released in advance of the album and became a gold-selling number one hit, Grand Funk’s first really successful single.”
- You’ll find Shootout Winning Triple Plus (A+++) sound or close to it on both sides of this KILLER Grand Funk pressing
- Closer to Home is supposed to be a hard rockin’ Power Trio record, and on the better pressings such as this one that’s exactly what the hell it is!
- A tough record to find in audiophile playing condition these days – it took us years to get this shootout going
- 4 stars: “… the record that really broke them through to the level of metal masters such as Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath … instead of the excess force of other bands, such as MC5, Grand Funk Railroad are able to retain the often-elusive melodic element to their heavy compositions.”
Our best Hot Stamper pressings are BIGGER and BOLDER sounding than we ever expected.
You get more ambience, natural tape hiss, loads of energy, and more. Most copies were too murky, smeary and opaque to be taken seriously but this one was dramatically cleaner and clearer, without sacrificing the richness and warmth of vintage 1970 analog in the least. (more…)