- A stunning pressing with Shootout Winning Triple Plus (A+++) sound or close to it from first note to the last – exceptionally quiet vinyl too
- One of the best copies to hit the site in years, with sides that are full-bodied, lively and present, with a solid bottom end
- More important, here is all the rock and roll energy that would simply be missing in action on any reissue made these days
- It’s tough to find good Grand Funk sound on audiophile quality playing surfaces, but these sides did the trick
- 4 1/2 stars: “Sonically, the record was sharp and detailed and the band’s playing was far tighter and more accomplished… The album’s title song, an autobiographical account of life on the road written and sung by Brewer, was released in advance of the album and became a gold-selling number one hit, Grand Funk’s first really successful single.”
- If you’re a fan of the band, this title from 1973 is clearly one of their best, and unquestionably one of their best sounding
If you don’t already know, take our word for it: not many copies of this record will have much in the way of good sound. Grand Funk was not a band marketed to audiophiles. Their recordings tend to be crude and compressed, more radio-friendly than home-stereo-friendly.
This copy is a BIG step up from every other that we played. You’ll have a very hard time finding another one with two sides as good as this.