- With two INSANELY GOOD Shootout Winning Triple Plus (A+++) sides, this early (original?) Capitol pressing is without a doubt the best sounding pressing we have ever played
- This copy gets the midrange perfectly, and since that is where The Beach Boys’ voices are, that puts it ahead of everything else we heard
- What’s shocking to those of us who have played The Beach Boys records by the bucketful is how RICH and OPEN the best pressings of this album are
- You will have an awfully hard time finding another Beach Boys album that sounds as good as this one, and you may just find that it simply can’t be done
- 4 stars: “This mix of favorites and originals makes this a balanced holiday album that should please both Beach Boys admirers and those unfamiliar with the group
Having done this for so long, we understand and appreciate that rich, full, solid, Tubey Magical sound is key to the presentation of this primarily vocal music. We rate these qualities higher than others we might be listening for (e.g., bass definition, soundstage, depth, etc.). The music is not so much about the details in the recording, but rather in trying to recreate solid, palpable, and real Beach Boys singing live in your listening room. The best copies have an uncanny way of doing just that.