- The sound of this rare import is rich, full-bodied, lively, and warm, with solid bass and breathy, clear vocals
- Includes Lang favorites Miss Chatelaine and Constant Craving – both sound right on the money here
- 4 stars: “… the craft of the album is impressive indeed, and few artists have reinvented themselves with as much poise and panache as lang did on Ingénue.”
- If you’re a fan of Ms Lang, this classic album of hers from 1992 surely belongs in your collection.
- The complete list of titles from 1992 that we’ve reviewed to date can be found here.
By 1992 records like this were only released on import vinyl and typically went out of print soon after they started their descent down the pop charts. I used to sell them back in the day and supplies were extremely limited and unpredictable. And once they were gone they were virtually never reissued. All of those factors conspire to make the cost of acquiring the mintiest pressings from overseas fairly high, and of course the main reason you have never seen the album on our site before.
Be that as it may, we have this copy available and it is not only very good sounding but the music is every bit as good as I remember it. (more…)