More Otis Redding
More Soul, Blues and R&B
- This superb collaboration makes its Hot Stamper debut here with Shootout Winning Triple Plus (A+++) sound or close to it on both sides
- These sides are doing it all right — richer, fuller, better bass, more Tubey Magic, and the list goes on
- There’s Tubey Magic, sweetness and spaciousness all over this recording – you won’t believe how good it sounds
- 4 1/2 stars: “Redding and Thomas enjoy an undeniable chemistry, and they play off each other wonderfully; while sparks fly furiously throughout King & Queen . . . their battle of the sexes reaches its fever pitch in supremely witty fashion.”
- If you’re a fan of Sixties Soul, this early pressing from 1967 must surely belong in your collection.
- The complete list of titles from 1967 that we’ve reviewed to date can be found here.