- An excellent Verve Mono reissue with wonderful sound on all FOUR sides
- Forget the originals – like so many of the early songbook pressings, they suffer from painfully hard and honky mastering EQ (and gritty sounding vinyl)
- We know whereof we speak when it comes to early Ella records – we’ve played plenty of them and found that most just don’t sound very good
- Exceptionally quiet vinyl throughout* — Mint Minus to Mint Minus Minus
- “Duke’s spectacular catalog dazzles, and his sprightly, lush textures are transfigured under Fitzgerald’s warm-timbred voice and elegant, precise delivery… each tune as familiar as it is delightful to hear in this new context.”
- If you’re a fan of Ella’s, this Top Title from 1957 belongs in your collection
- The complete list of titles from 1957 that we’ve reviewed to date can be found here.
This mono reissue is the only way to find the MIDRANGE MAGIC that’s missing from modern records. As good as the best of those pressings may be, this record is going to be dramatically more REAL sounding.