- Breezin’ finally returns to the site with Shootout Winning Triple Plus (A+++) sound or very close to it throughout
- Tubey Magical richness and plenty of note-like bass are two of the important qualities that separate the winners from the also-rans, but smooth, grain-free, present vocals for Masquerade are a big part of the best pressings too, so make that three important qualities
- This copy will blow the doors off your old copy or any MoFi pressing — guaranteed!
- It’s got all the elements this smooth masterpiece needs to come to life today, almost 40 years later if you can believe it
- There’s tons of energy, strong presence, excellent bass and a huge soundfield with real depth
- You hear right into the music, something that is only possible on the most transparent copies
- If like us you’re a fan of Jazz Guitar, this is a killer album from 1976 that belongs in your collection.
- The complete list of titles from 1976 that we’ve reviewed to date can be found here.
This album features the huge hit “This Masquerade” and lots of other strong material as well. Benson is at the top of his game, with blazing guitar lines accompanied by his scat vocals at many times. No one else ever did music like this so well again, in our humble opinion.