- This wonderful classical recording finally makes its Hot Stamper debut here with outstanding Double Plus (A++) sound or BETTER from start to finish
- This is some Demo Disc sound as long as you can reverse your polarity – if you can’t do that, don’t buy this record, because it won’t sound right
- This is one of the pressings we’ve discovered with Reversed Polarity.
- Here is sound that is both tubey and real, with much more space and a much bigger and more realistic presentation of the hall than any performance of the music you have ever heard
- “The Symphonie Espagnole is one of Lalo’s two most often played works, the other being his Cello Concerto in D minor.”
My notes for side one read:
- Big and Lively! Rich and Balanced.
- Violin surrounded by lots of space.
- Exciting performance.
The Lalo on side two is clear and spacious but could use a bit more warmth. The Tchaikovsky piece that finishes out the side is richer and smoother than the Lalo. Listen for it!