- This outstanding Talking Heads LP boasts Double Plus (A++) sound from start to finish – exceptionally quiet vinyl too
- I’d be hard-pressed to name another group from the era who put out more groundbreaking yet accessible records than the Talking Heads
- Producer Brian Eno wasn’t shy about adding multiple layers of effects and processing; the texture of Eno’s synthesizers gives the music depth and character
- 4 1/2 stars: “…the music is becoming denser and more driving… with lyrics that match the music’s power… its better songs are as good as any Talking Heads ever did”
- If you’re as big a Talking Heads fan as we are, this is a classic from 1979 that belongs in your collection.
- The complete list of titles from 1979 that we’ve reviewed to date can be found here.
As huge fans of this band, it was a major thrill for us to complete a shootout for this album recently. We found that the best copies had wonderful transparency, meaty bass, Art Rockin’ energy and a refreshing overall freedom from distortion.