With two Triple Plus (A+++) shootout winning sides, this original stereo World Pacific copy simply could not be beat
- Huge and rich, here is the kind of Tubey Magical presentation that lets this big group of musicians (four trombones!) come alive
- The engineering by none other than Bruce Botnick is brilliant in all respects, as good as his work with The Doors
- This is FUN West Coast Pop Jazz built around the superb arrangements of Bob Florence and the great songs of the Stones
- We’re so sure you’ll like this music that if for any reason you are unhappy the domestic return shipping is on us!
Another undiscovered gem, brought to you by the folks at Better Records who know a good sounding record when they hear one. And the music is interesting and fun from first song to last. With Joe Pass on guitar how could it not be – the guy’s a genius.
This copy is spacious, sweet and positively dripping with ambience. Talk about Tubey Magic, the liquidity of the sound here is positively uncanny. This is vintage analog at its best, so full-bodied and relaxed you’ll wonder how it ever came to be that anyone seriously contemplated trying to improve it.
This is the sound of Tubey Magic. No recordings will ever be made like this again, and no CD will ever capture what is in the grooves of this record. Someday there may well be a CD of this album, but those of us in possession of a working turntable could care less.
Engineering by Bruce Botnick
Botnick is of course the man behind the superb recordings of The Doors, Love and others too numerous to mention.
- For the first time in three years, an amazing Triple Triple (A+++) copy of this excellent Wes Montgomery title
- Both sides here are OUT OF THIS WORLD; this is DEMO DISC Quality Big Production Guitar-led Jazz
- It’s incredibly big, bold, clear, rich and dynamic like no copy we’ve ever played
- Forget the critics, this is one of Wes’s Best Albums of All Time I tell you!
This White Hot Stamper Shootout Winner has the REAL Wes Montgomery/ Creed Taylor/ Rudy Van Gelder MAGIC in its grooves. You will not believe how big, rich and full-bodied this pressing is. Since this is one of Wes’s best albums, hearing this incredible White Hot copy was a THRILL for us and we’re sure it will be as big a thrill for you too.
As Good As It Gets Sound. So natural, transparent and clear. Listen to all the space around the guitar. (On the Cisco you might hear 20% of that space. That’s Heavy Vinyl for you. What a load of crap.)
It starts off a little blurry but quickly gets amazingly good, so good nothing could touch it. This was by far the most musically exciting and involving side we played in our shootout. (more…)
This Early Contemporary Yellow Label Mono LP sure has AMAZING SOUND!
Man, this music is a blast when it sounds this good. I don’t think there’s a whole lot you could do to make this music sound any better! It’s one of the best early mono Contemporary LP I’ve ever played. It’s so tubey magical and Kessel’s guitar sound is out of this world.
The music here matches the sound for excellence. The whole band just swings! There’s a real old rag-timey feel to the songs. Look at this list of all-star players: Harry Edison, Jimmy Rowles, Red Mitchell and Shelly Manne — this is some serious jazz talent. (more…)